Thursday, July 25, 2013

Glacier National Park

Our first stop at Glacier was this beautiful lake at the bottom of a very steep hill. On our way down I panicked and froze.Aaron had to take Claire and maneuver down, while Andrew & I figured out how to scoot down on our butts. Once we got to the bottom it was all worth it! The kids threw rocks into the water. IT was the perfect skipping rocks lake that was so calm the water looked like glass.




It's right after this picture that I forgot my favorite sweatshirt under a tree and we had to drive back to go get.Aaron volunteered to get out & climb down to grab it (he loves me :).





Aaron scouted this beautiful stop down in the raging falls. We spent awhile climbing on the rocks, throwing the rocks, & taking in the absolutely beautiful sights & sounds.






Miss sassafras - enjoying our stop for a picnic lunch


Up to no good!

This is honestly the ONLY little meltdown we've had the entire trip. After her nap she was happy as can be again.
Needless to say I was on a mad hunt for the cowboy boots for beautiful photos of her wearing a little white dress with boots, but WE WILL BE BACK! I'll get them then (and another pair of boots)!











After Claire fell asleep, we kept running into these waterfalls off the street. Andrew wanted to go run through one so we stopped for a little fun!


Daddy didn't want to get wet, so Mommy scooped him up and ran through. 


GOOSE ISLAND -
the most popular spot in Glacier.
Seriously, I cannot describe the beauty. NONE of us wanted to leave.






God Bless America!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Wow. Wow, wow, WOW! Beautiful!