Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sunny Side Up

The bib says it all
Big Brother Checking In
What's that smell?
Wide Awake :)
Welcome Home!
Playing already :)
Snuggling with Mommy

We are having so much fun getting to know Andrew! Even though he is only 6 days old, we can't imagine how we ever lived without him. Aaron and I "time each other" for a turn to hold and play with him. We have had a great week and praise God for our beautiful angel.

The phrase it has to get worse before it gets better has never been more true for his birth story.
After 18 hours of back labor, with the cervadyl, ambien, pitocin, and an epidural I would not dilate past 5cm. Due to the pressure on my spine and his sunny side up position my cervix started to swell shut from the pressure of his head. They decided to do a C-Section with an additional spinal epidural. Thanks to Aaron, my mom, and Aaron's mom I got through the pain and am looking at the "sunny side" of the day!

Andrew is already pretty much sleeping through the night and I feel great. The only pain I have is in my back from carrying around a 10 pounder!! Aaron is such a proud Daddy and has the swaddling technique down pat! I had to wake him up to swaddle Andrew back to sleep. He's a natural and I am so proud of him!

The "Fur Brothers" are slowly adapting to Andrew. Stanley is never quite sure what to do when Andrew cries. He peeks in the crib and bassinet to make sure he's okay, and loves to check out the dirty diapers :) Bailey isn't really phased by him yet, but is enjoying all of the extra attention when people are visiting the house.

We are so anxious to show him off, he changes so much each day! We hope you can all meet him soon if you haven't already. Although, we have to warn you; you might be timed to take a turn :) Just kidding!


2 comments:

Aubrey said...

I adore that pic with the dog looking over. Too cute. These pics are such fun. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Ok, that last picture is just beautiful. And I love the one of Aaron and Andrew together. I just can't believe you guys are parents now!!! When can we come visit?!